Macaw and saving color screen output

Mark S. Strom strom at u.washington.edu
Tue Jul 28 11:22:45 EST 1992

There's been a number of articles posted recently on Macaw, but none seem to
touch on the problem described below.

I've recently tried out Macaw 1.05 using Windows 3.1 for sequence alignment
of several related proteins.  I really like the color schematic and
alignments it gives-in fact, I like it so much I want to make
color slides/transparencies of a set for a presentation.  However, this
doesn't seem to be easily done.  The only way to export a file (that I can
see) is as a text file.  Does anyone know how the screen output could be
imported into a graphics program such as Harvard Graphics?  I know there
are commercial screen capture programs for Windows that might do this, but
I'm a little short of cash right now  8^).

I have written to Greg Schuler at NCBI for the manual, and maybe this is
explained in there, but I thought I'd give this newsgroup a shot too.
Thanks to all who may be able to help.

Mark
Mark Strom                                phone     (206) 543-4318
Department of Microbiology SC-42          fax       (206) 543-8297
University of Washington                  email     strom at u.washington.edu
Seattle, Washington 98195