ANSI C Tool Conversion Complete

Warren Gish gish at host.nlm.nih.gov
Fri Jun 26 10:42:50 EST 1992

ANSI C version of software available:

  The NCBI has completed the conversion of its software tools to ANSI C.
This was done to ensure compatibility with the C standard, to support function
prototyping, to make the NCBI functions easily callable from C++, and
to make inclusion of the Vibrant windowing system in the normal code
release possible.

  As before, the software includes the coretools, asntools, object loaders
and manipulation routines and cdrom data access library.  It now also
includes Vibrant and, as a demo, the complete Entrez application source.

  It is available for anonymous ftp from ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, in the same
place we have been placing our software distributions.  The file is
called ansi.tar.Z, and will soon replace the normal ncbi.tar.Z.

anonymous ftp to ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
cd toolbox/ncbi_tools
bin
get ansi.tar.Z

  Jim Ostell

  National Center for Biotechnology Information
  National Library of Medicine
  Building 38A, Room 8N-806
  8600 Rockville Pike
  Bethesda, MD 20894-0001