Woonext Gopher help ....

Dan Jacobson x-8453 danj at WELCHGATE.WELCH.JHU.EDU
Sat Jun 13 10:42:20 EST 1992

Rhee Hwan-Seokwrites:

>I have an address of Gopher Host as follows ----> look at bottom please
>But I cannot login there just because I don't know
>the public login name and if any password for them.
>Is there any body out there who knows and are willing
>to let me know the clue ?
>
>Any help will be appreciated.
>Thanks for reading me and in advance.
>
>Sincerely Rhee Hwan-Seok
>Seoul National Univ.
>Dept. Mol.Biol
>e-mail : hyunerho at krsnucc1.BITNET
>
>)))))) The Problem of Mine (((((((
>
>############### Oak Ridge **************
>Name=Oak Ridge National Labs (experimental)
>Type=1
>Port=70
>Path=
>Host=woonext.dsrd.ornl.gov
>
>What is the login name for Public Gopher ?

In order to access this site you will need to install a gopher client
on your system or telnet to the gopher server and then go through the
gopher directories (Other gopher and Information services/North America/ORNL)
until you find this site.

You can obtain the gopher software from boombox.micro.umn.edu in the
pub/gopher directory (and subdirectories) by anonymous ftp.
Once you have compiled and installed the software just type

gopher woonext.dsrd.ornl.gov <RETURN>

The telnet server for gopher is consultant.micro.umn.edu, login as gopher -
no password required.

I see that you're sending from a bitnet site - I hope that you have internet
access too - you can not use gopher or telnet over bitnet.

Best of luck,

Dan Jacobson

danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu