Program(s) for boxing sequence symbols in multiple alignments?

WEISE at gandal.dnet WEISE at gandal.dnet
Wed Mar 18 17:11:40 EST 1992

	Is there software that will allow one to highlight (by boxing or
otherwise) AAs in sequences that are in multiple alignments so that those
agreeing with a concensus can easily be identified?  It would also be nice if
such a program could offer the ability to differently highlight residues that
represent conservative substitutions.  Alignments annotated in this manner are
quite often published.

	Any pointers to such software would be appreciated.  We presume, in
this day and age, that it's no longer necessary to do this kind of thing by
hand.

		MJW