Phil Green's PCR primer program?

George W Chacko gchacko at
Fri Mar 13 09:45:13 EST 1992

In article <1992Mar12.093043.20544 at klaava.Helsinki.FI> Heikki.Lehvaslaiho at Helsinki.FI (Heikki Lehvslaiho) writes:

>I heard a rumor that currently the most acclaimed program for
>finding PCR primers is by Phil Green from Biomedical Computer
>Laboratory, Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri.

I've used both. OSP's graphics output version is very easy to work with.
I haven't designed primers for a while so my thoughts are a bit rusty
but I always used both Primer and OSP when designing primers and then
eyeballed the results to satisfy myself.

One advantage is that Phil Green's group responds to queries unlike
the Lander outfit which ignores mail.

The e-mail address you need is

pg at genome, Phil Green

or lfw at LaDeana Hillier