*.uaa, .uab, .uac file extensions.

B.V.Dean bvd at ukc.ac.uk
Thu Mar 12 14:15:17 EST 1992

In article <9203112215.AA18137 at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu> danj at WELCHGATE.WELCH.JHU.EDU (Dan Jacobs) writes:

>Peter Muriana asked about the filename extensions .uaa, .uab, uac etc..
>as pertaining to what dearchiving program is neede to unpack them.
>
>I'll stick my neck out and respond that these are unpackable with
>uudecode.  When files are large and they are resident on a site that

 .... Some Deleted ....

>Dan Jacobson
>
>danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu

	You are indeed correct, they are uuencoded.

	A version of uuencode written for the Atari ST computer, used to
be able to create these automatically when you specified a maximum file
length in lines. The asscociated uudecode (Also for th Atari) could then
uudecode the files just by saying 'uudecode file.uua' it chained the
rest and did it all!

	You can soon tell if the files you have were made in this way,
the last line of the .uua file says something like 'include file.uub'

	Beware that standard Unix versions of uudecode cannot do what I
have described, you have to piece the parts together using an editor.

	If anyone is interested I have the Source code in C for the
Atari uuencode/uudecode. I picked it up from the public domain, fixed
the bugs and compiled it for Unix. If you want it send me some mail.

--
Barry Dean. 					|	University Of Kent,
	(Micro Support Officer)			|	  Canterbury,