Jaime Prilusky lsprilus at
Mon May 25 07:36:38 EST 1992

The Israel National Node of EMBL (INN) announces the availability of its
Anonymous FTP server. This server, mirrors the EMBL archives and contains
sequence data and software of interest for researchers in the area of
Molecular Biology.

Databases and software are now freely available to you:

    ftp     (
    username        anonymous
    password        <your email address>

Look into /pub/db for the current update of several databases. The
/pub/software directory holds software for Unix, Macintosh, VMS and DOS
operating system.

If you are working from an Unix environment, our server allows you to
benefit from special features. You can get whole directories by entering:
      get directoryname.tar.Z.
The server will "tar" and "compress" the directory and subdirectories for
you into one "tar.Z" file.

For suggestions, problems or further help, please e-mail to
lsprilus at

I wish to give special thanks to Mike Macgirvin
<mtm at SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU>
and Lee M J McLoughlin <lmjm at>, for helping me set up this FTP

 Dr Jaime Prilusky
 Israel National Node   INN          ! LSPRILUS at WEIZMANN.WEIZMANN.AC.IL
 Weizmann Institute of Science       ! fax: 972-8-344113
 76100 Rehovot - Israel              ! tel: 972-8-342470 / 2979