GDE2.0 on DECstation

Steven Smith smith at
Sun May 24 10:21:02 EST 1992

In you write:

>In article <smith.706548625 at phylo>, smith at (Steven Smith) writes:
>|> GDE is now up to revision b for both SUN and DEC versions.  If you are not

>Maybe I got this wrong, but I want GDE on a SGI box. You don't have a binary
>for that, or provide source, do you?

Thanks to the efforts of Anthony J. Persechini, we should have an SGI version
shortly.  We are also supplying early release source code to parties interested
in ports to other unix systems.  We are interested in hearing from people
using IBM RISC6000, HP Snake, and Apple A/UX.  At this point, all ports are
mainly a port of the XView libraries which can be obtained from

I do intend on releasing full source code.  However, I would prefer
releasing source only after all code is documented, and all major bugs
are discovered and fixed.  Although the 2.0 release has been in use
locally for over six months, there are still bugs being discovered (hence
the revision b) that need to be fixed before I can comfortably release
the code.

Steven Smith
Harvard Genome Lab