XPLOR 3.0 on IRIX 4.0.1 (SGI) anyone?

Morten Kjeldgaard morten at oase.kemi.aau.dk
Sat May 2 09:48:11 EST 1992

Unfortunately, my mailer bumbed my reply to roberto at medusa.boston.sgi.com:

I would love to get a copy of the Makefiles for X-PLOR. In fact, I have
been wanting to write one myself, instead of Axels VMS inspired command
files.  I don't see how Axel would mind you distributing Makefiles -- but
you're right, they should be in the distribution.

>If you are working on a uniprocessor machine it is very likely that the only
>problem you will encounter is when building the fft library libfft.a. Try to
>downgrade the compilation of ztrans.f to -O1 (in stead of the default -O2).
>Hopefully this will solve your immediate problem.

I just checked, and I noticed that the multiprocessor flag (-mp) was set in
the Makefile. That is of course an obvious source of my problem, so I'll
try to remove that, and recompile. If that doesn't help, then I'll change
the optimization. I'll let the net know of the results.

/Morten
Morten Kjeldgaard  ~ mok at kemi.aau.dk ~ morten at oase.kemi.aau.dk
Biostructural Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Aarhus University
Langelandsgade 140, DK-8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Phone: +45 86 12 46 33 ~ +45 86 20 27 11 x6752 ~ Fax: +45 86 19 61 99