XPLOR 3.0 on IRIX 4.0.1 (SGI) anyone?

Roberto Gomperts roberto at medusa.boston.sgi.com
Fri May 1 11:36:04 EST 1992

In article <morten.704713996 at oase>, morten at oase.kemi.aau.dk (Morten Kjeldgaard) writes:
|> In <1992Apr30.181448.5235 at comp.bioz.unibas.ch> doelz at comp.bioz.unibas.ch (Reinhard Doelz) writes:
|>
|> >I try to compile XPLOR from Axel Brunger on a SGI 320 running 4.0.1 IRIX.
|> >While the compilation is running smoothly, some of the tests dump core
|> >due to segmentation faults: Any one has tried to do such a compilation
|> >successful ?
|>
|> I have not yet had a chance to install version 3.0 on our Indigo, but I
|> experienced similar problems with version 2.1 . I had hoped that they were
|> solved in version 3.0 .... My feeling is that it has something to do with
|> the FFTs. Reinhard, could you try to do a dbx where, and tell us what is
|> going on?
|>
|> /Morten
|>
|> PS See you on bionet.xtallography soon! (I hope?)
|>
|> --
|> Morten Kjeldgaard  ~ mok at kemi.aau.dk ~ morten at oase.kemi.aau.dk
|> Biostructural Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Aarhus University
|> Langelandsgade 140, DK-8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
|> Phone: +45 86 12 46 33 ~ +45 86 20 27 11 x6752 ~ Fax: +45 86 19 61 99

Hi Morten,
I replied to Reinhard making him aware that I have prepared Makefiles to deal
with XPlor 3.0 for 4.0.x OS ( 4.0.1 and 4.0.4 ==> Crimson). I am in the process
of having Axel Brunger verify that everything is OK. I think that he should be
the one to take care of the distribution. However, if he does not object I
could provide you with the changes I hope will make it into the official
release of XPLor 3.0.

BTW. I have working versions of XPlor 2.1 compiled on 4.0.x for uniprocessors,
power series and the Crimson.

If you are working on a uniprocessor machine it is very likely that the only
problem you will encounter is when building the fft library libfft.a. Try to
downgrade the compilation of ztrans.f to -O1 (in stead of the default -O2).
Hopefully this will solve your immediate problem.

				-- Roberto