The program Amplify for PCR design - where can I find it???

Francis Ouellette francis at monod.Biol.McGill.CA
Wed Nov 11 07:21:02 EST 1992

Bo.Servenius at wblab.lu.se (Bo Servenius) writes:

>Have heard about a program Amplify for designing of PCR primers.
>Is it a freeware/shareware and if so where can I find it for FTP???

Dear Bosse,

from last week on bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts:

---------8<---cut here ----8<-----------------------

*                                                                 *
*                Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) list             *
*                for bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts                 *
*                                                                 *
*                Last update was on 01 November 1992              *
*                                                                 *

This FAQ list is available by anonymous ftp to ncifcrf.gov
Simply get the file pub/methods/FAQlist

[ lots of usefull stuff removed ]

Paul N. Hengen
National Cancer Institute
Frederick, Maryland 21702-1201 USA

e-mail: pnh at ncifcrf.gov

[ lots of usefull stuff removed ]

[ from the oligo/primer/pcr section ... ]

***********************
4. Amplify - MAC only
***********************

This software is for use in designing, analyzing, and simulating
experiments involving the polymerase chain reaction (PCR).  PCR is a
technique used by molecular biologists to amplify highly selected
segments of DNA.

You can obtain a copy of Amplify from
sumex-aim.stanford.edu via anonymous ftp. Look for the file:

      /info-mac/app/amplify-10.hqx

The author, Bill Engels, can be reached at WREngels at wisc.macc.edu

 regards,

 francis