HELP: .HQX Format for Macs

Bill Williams bwilliam at
Fri Nov 13 15:58:05 EST 1992

In article <1992Nov9.190919.12960 at> Harold Wareham,
harold at writes:
>I recently obtainted a Macintosh file in .HQX format from the UIBio
>archives. I need a copy of BinHex 4.0 or Stuffit to uncompress and
>use the thing. Where can I obtain copies of either of these

For anyone with a Mac but unfamiliar with the downloading conventions
for Macs, I highly recommending downloading a number of very
informative files (in text format, hence not requiring any fancy
programs) at in the directory /info-mac/reports.
 I don't have the specific names of the files handy, but looks for
things like FTP-site directories, FTP how-to, etc.  As I recall the
reports are well written and direct.
William E. Williams, bwilliam at
Divison of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
St. Mary's College of Maryland
St. Mary's City, MD 20686