Wanted: DNAStar info (Mac vers)

Mark A. Gunnell GUNNELL at FCRFV2.NCIFCRF.GOV
Mon Nov 16 15:16:01 EST 1992

Carolyn -

> A researcher here has asked me to reap the Net Wisdom with regard to the
> Mac DNA sequencing program DNAStar (aka LaserGene?). He's interested in
> finding out its capabilities, usefulness, and any pros/cons - especially
> in comparison with GeneWorks.

  I don't have any personal experience with the package myself, but there
is an abbreviated review in the November 1 issue of Genetic Engineering News,
page 6.  The reviewer, Kevin Ahern, indicates a more substantial review will
appear in Biotechnology Software (a series of reviews beginning with the Nov.
/Dec. '92 issue).

-Mark
Mark A. Gunnell                   | Internet: gunnell at ncifcrf.gov
Sci. Applications Analyst         | Bitnet:   gunnell%ncifcrf.gov at cunyvm.bitnet
Biomedical Supercomputer Center   | Phone:   (301) 846-5779
PRI/DynCorp                       |
NCI-FCRDC                         |
PO Box B, Bldg 430                |
Frederick, MD 21702-1201  USA     |