Quantitative genetic software summary

Matthew Hamilton ST403159 at BROWNVM.BROWN.EDU
Thu Nov 19 20:30:32 EST 1992

Dearest Readers,
     The response to my post of 28 October, 1992 (#2884) was, well, quite
underwhelming.  I received several responses, however, and I thank these
individuals for their comments.  Of note was a response from Ruth Shaw
reminding me of the maximum likelihood programs that she developed.  See post
#2901 on 29 October 1992 for details and ftp info.  Another response asked for
the ability to do standard nested ANOVA and then apply randomization to produce
parameter estimates with a "true" heritability of 0.
     Any other comments on the types of analyses and features that would be
desirable in a quantitative genetics stats software package would be greatly ap
preciated.

      Sincerely, Matthew Hamilton, Brown University
      Matthew_Hamilton at brown.edu