NCSA Telnet for PCs - installing?

Cornelius Krasel zxmkr08 at studserv.zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Nov 26 04:52:06 EST 1992

Hello netters,

a while ago I posted the following to comp.sys.ibm.pc.net:

>Hello netters,
>is it possible to configure NCSA Telnet (we are running 2.3.05) with
>a 3com 3C507 ethernet card? We were successful in installing itn with
>a WD800E3b (?) but the documentation says almost nothing about the
>3C507 except that NCSA Telnet would run with it... well, we got stuck:-(
>Please reply by email since I usually do not read this group.

and received only the following answer:
## Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.net

    There is no newsgroup in Usenet by this name.  Therefore, your post
    was junked at most sites including this one.

    Usenet newsgroups are officially proposed, discussed and voted on.
    The exception to this are newsgroups created by INET.  The group you
    just posted to did not go through the discussion and vote.  Neither
    is it an INET newsgroup.  It therefore does not belong in Usenet.

    Please notify your administrator the newsgroup should be removed.
    Thanks.

Besides the fact that I found the newsgroup in two German and one
american public NNTP server, this answer has not been very helpful :-)
So, is there anybody out here who can tell me a bit more about
it or give some helpful hints?
Thanx a lot, Cornelius.
--
/* Cornelius Krasel, Department of Physiological Chemistry, U Tuebingen    */
/* email: krasel at studserv.zdv.uni-tuebingen.de (Internet)   HAS CHANGED!!  */