Primer exe's soon available!

mangalam at SALK-SC2.SDSC.EDU mangalam at SALK-SC2.SDSC.EDU
Thu Oct 1 14:31:55 EST 1992

Primer fanatics,
   I just spoke to Mark Daley of the Whithead Inst (one of the authors of
PRIMER) regarding the availability of the executables for both Mac and PC.
He was unaware of the demand for these things from an FTP site and readily
agreed to make them available from the same site as the source
(genome.wi.edu, in distribution/primer.0.4) in a few days.
   If you cannot wait to get your hands on a copy, though, you can pick the
IBM PC version (DOS, compiled straight over) from our anonymous FTP server:
salk-sc2.sdsc.edu.  Login anonymous, email address for a password, cd to
ibmpc; it's called pcprimer.zip.  The PC exe is bundled with the source,
docs, and sample data.  It was compiled on a 386/387, but should run on a
machines w/o fpus.  On the one 486 it's been run on, there has been an (as
yet undiagnosed) error which prevents it from starting correctly.  Caveat
Cloner! Use at your own risk! NO guarantees stated or implied!
   Or wait until the Whitehead puts up their version.  I'm going on
vacation until the 20th, so requests, complaints, etc will have to wait
until then.

Cheers,
Harry

Harry Mangalam                                   Vox:(619) 453-4100, x250
Dept of Biocomputing                                   Fax:(619) 552-1546
The Salk Institute                             mangalam at salk-sc2.sdsc.edu
10010 N Torrey Pines Rd                        mangalam at salk-sgi.sdsc.edu
La Jolla CA 92037                                    mangalam at salk.bitnet