Gopher for Biology

Don Gilbert gilbertd at
Thu Oct 1 14:06:08 EST 1992

The default gopher server for your PC client is probably, which is the Mother of all Gophers.
When you connect there , you can find all other gopher servers
by browsing thru the folders.  That is part of learning to
use gopher -- learn to look inside gopher folders or directories.

Inside the "Other Gopher and Information Servers/" folder on
the Minnesota gopher, you find tunnels to all the other
(public) gopher servers in the world.  Browse thru there and
you will find what you want.

If you want to look around my IUBio gopher hole, you can get there
more directly by starting your gopher something like this?
(I dont' use the PC client so maybe you need to do something different).

Don Gilbert                                     gilbert at