Dan Jacobson danj at
Fri Oct 2 16:33:08 EST 1992

A question was asked about the availibility of the PUAP phylogeny
package.  Paup is commercial, though the last I heard a great price
~$50 (US).  As such it is not (*should not*) be on any ftp server.

You might want to contact the author of Puap:

David L. Swofford                 Phone:    (217)244-6959
Illinois Natural History Survey   FAX:      (217)333-4949
607 E. Peabody Drive              BITNET:   DAVESWOF at UIUCVMD
Champaign, Illinois 61820 USA     Internet: swofford at

If you're doing phylogeny you might want to take a look at PHYLIP
by Joe Felsenstein.  Phylip is also a suite of programs for phylogeny
but is free, at a ftp site near you and comes with LOTS of documentation.

Best of luck,

Dan Jacobson

danj at

NOTE: My email address has changed to danj at, I am no longer
      danj at