GDE for SGI machines??

Don Gilbert gilbertd at
Tue Oct 13 17:23:09 EST 1992

I picked this out of the bionet news archive using Gopher (to,
  the item Network-News/Bionet News at IUBio Archive <?>

- - - - - -
From: ajp2o at (Anthony J. Persechini)
Subject: GDE2.0 software package
Date: 25 Aug 92 18:58:59 GMT
Sender: news at

A port of Steve Smith's GDE (Genetic Data Environment)
package for Silicon Graphics machines running Irix4.0.x is
now available for anonymous ftp on
( This port has not been exhaustively tested, but everything
seems to work properly. As noted in the README file,
I am supplying this port as-is, but am willing to address
reproducible port-specific problems (i.e., core dumps) as time permits.

For additional details, see the README file. Binaries only
are available at present.

Anthony Persechini
Assistant Professor
University of Rochester School of Medicine
ajp2o at

Don Gilbert                                     gilbert at