compressing routine

Steve Lamont spl at
Wed Oct 14 08:30:51 EST 1992

In article <XDW7V4O at> szinser at writes:
>can somebody tell me, where to get file-compressing programs with
>source-code. (Fortran, C, Basic, Assembler).
>Or, how to get a compressing program for Versa-DOS.

The standard Unix compress utility, in C language source code form, is
available at many FTP sites around the world.  For instance, in your
"neck of the woods,",,
and  It's also at most of the
standard US FTP sites.

Steve Lamont, SciViGuy -- (619) 534-7968 -- spl at
UCSD Microscopy and Imaging Resource/UCSD Med School/La Jolla, CA 92093-0608
"Twit twit twit/Jug jug jug jug jug jug/So rudely forc'd./Tereu"
                - T. S. Eliot, "The Waste Land," III. The Fire Sermon