CREGEX problems with PROSITE.DAT

David Lapointe lapointe at THORIN.UTHSCSA.EDU
Fri Oct 23 13:33:57 EST 1992

I have been trying to use CREGEX to reformat prosite.dat to prosite.regex
for use with the PROSEARCH AWK software.

The problem is that cregex gets 600 to 700 records into prosite.dat and
then aborts with an error condition which makes no sense to me. I have
tried this on a VMS system and UNIX (CONVEX) and have even upped the sizes
of the default buffers. Nada.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Solutions?

Thanks

 .david
| David S Lapointe PhD                     lapointe at uthscsa.edu     |
| Computing Resources                      lapointe at uthscsa (BitNet)|
| 7703 Floyd Curl Drive                                             |
| UTHSCSA                                  (512) 567-2200 (voice)   |
| San Antonio,TX 78284-7832                (512) 567-2204 (fax)     |
+----------*** Called or not, the Gods will be present ***----------+