Blast Shell Wanted

Reinhard Doelz doelz at comp.bioz.unibas.ch
Mon Oct 26 12:38:06 EST 1992

In article <1992Oct26.150840.16405 at ms.uky.edu>, jmg at seqanal.mi.uky.edu (Joel Guthridge) writes:

|>   Has anyone created a Unix Shell to provide easier interfacing to the
|> BLAST programs?  I'm looking for something that will ask the user for
|> the necessary information to carry out the search, ie. seq. file, output file,
|> databases to search, etc.

The current version of my BLAST frontend is currently in the test phase
and should be available end of this year. it requires the GCG procedure
library and looks like a GCG program to the user, on both VMS and UNIX.
It will be able to interface to a locally installed BLAST, as well as
to the BLAST servers and  remote execution on HASSLE.

Stay tuned for details :-)

--
|    Dr. Reinhard Doelz            | RFC     doelz at urz.unibas.ch         |
|   Klingelbergstrasse 70          | FAX     x41 61 261- 6760 or 267- 2078
|     CH 4056 Basel                | TEL     x41 61 267- 2076 or 2247    |
+------------- bioftp.unibas.ch is the SWISS EMBnet node ----------------+