Sequence Searches for Structural Info

Reinhard Doelz doelz at comp.bioz.unibas.ch
Wed Oct 28 01:28:50 EST 1992

In article <59238.lapointe at thorin.uthscsa.edu>, lapointe at THORIN.UTHSCSA.EDU ("David Lapointe") writes:
|> Maybe I missed this recently, but is there a way to make a sequence
|> comparison (protein) against sequences from a structural database, NRL_3D
|> for example.

If you have the proper setup in place, the data library needed (NRL_3D)
can be picked up by anonymous ftp from Dan Davison's gene-server
(ftp.bchs.uh.edu) or our bioftp server (bioftp.unibas.ch) Early next year
we will have HASSLE ready for distribution, which includes remote access
to all our sequence databases. If you were in Europe, you could call your
national EMBnet node for a login permission.

Maybe this helps
Reinhard

--
|    Dr. Reinhard Doelz            | RFC     doelz at urz.unibas.ch         |
|   Klingelbergstrasse 70          | FAX     x41 61 261- 6760 or 267- 2078
|     CH 4056 Basel                | TEL     x41 61 267- 2076 or 2247    |
+------------- bioftp.unibas.ch is the SWISS EMBnet node ----------------+