PIR Release 34, etc

Wed Oct 28 15:23:45 EST 1992

In message <9210281920.AA24061 at phage.cshl.org> Bobbie Peters, theiss at cshl.org,

> Speaking of PIR Releases. Is there any way to get PIR on tape or
> on CD?  - instead of ftping the whole thing over the net?

You may not have been looking at the PROTEIN-ANALYSIS board where we announced
the availability of our CD-ROM some time ago.  Beth O'Connor at your lab and
anyone who attended the Protein Society meeting at San Diego in July received
a complementary copy.  Information on how to order the PIR database on tape or
CD-ROM can be obtained by send this command
  HELP PIR_Distribution
to the PIR Network Request Server at FILESERV at NBRF.Georgetown.EDU.
                                 Dr. John S. Garavelli
                                 Database Coordinator
                                 Protein Information Resource
                                 National Biomedical Research Foundation