Prokaryotic Taxonomic Identifiers in Databases

Peter M. Muriana muriana at
Thu Sep 17 15:05:40 EST 1992

In article <w#_zpyn at>, florianp at (Peter Floriani) writes:
>Has there been a "standard" formulation of
>taxonomic/phylogenetic names for the prokaryotes?
>(and, for that matter, the eukaryotes?)

>I would like to know if there is a reference or
>other publication which would clarify the nomenclature,
>or set forth the "accepted" names for these categories.

>Peter J. Floriani

	Peter, there are several publications which may help:
		"Approved Lists of bacterial names"
		"Index of the bacterial and yeast nomenclature changes"
		"International code of nomenclature of bacteria"

	These are ASM (American Society for Microbiology) publications, I
*  Peter M. Muriana, Ph.D.		Phone	= (317)-494-8284    *
*  Dept. of Food Science		FAX	= (317)-494-7953    *
*  Purdue University		E-mail	= muriana at  *
*  W. Lafayette, IN  47907                                          *