macrides at macrides at
Thu Apr 1 11:00:00 EST 1993

In article <1993Mar29.085959.18390 at>, doelz at (Reinhard Doelz) writes:
> I agree that it would be good to have a better 'sorted' environment.
> In particular, the following interest groups could be valuable if
> we can only afford running them :
>		- those for asking for and discussing
>                                                availability,
>                                   as well as announcing software
>                                   * MODERATED *
>          - general inquiries how to manage
>                                                biocomputing sw
>            - all other stuff not fitting to the
>                                      other newsgroups.
> In particular, a group which discusses availability issues is most
> needed in my view, and should be moderated. If this thread gets enough
> discussion we could dare to raise a call for discussion on it.

	I don't think there's a serious problem w.r.t. volume or junk for
those accessing via news readers, but I suspect those with
email subsciptions, and those who check this group primarily for announcements
of software releases and upgrades, would greatly appreciate the creation of a and corresponding email list.

	Hopefully, it would become the place where all of the biology-related
software archives and software developers post announcements of new software
or upgrades.

 MACRIDES at SCI.WFEB.EDU     222 Maple Avenue, Shrewsbury, MA 01545