bionet.miscellaneous

macrides at sci.wfeb.edu macrides at sci.wfeb.edu
Thu Apr 1 11:00:00 EST 1993

In article <1993Mar29.085959.18390 at comp.bioz.unibas.ch>, doelz at comp.bioz.unibas.ch (Reinhard Doelz) writes:
>[...]
> I agree that it would be good to have a better 'sorted' environment.
> In particular, the following interest groups could be valuable if
> we can only afford running them :
>
> bionet.software.avail		- those for asking for and discussing
>                                                availability,
>                                   as well as announcing software
>                                   * MODERATED *
> bionet.software.system          - general inquiries how to manage
>                                                biocomputing sw
>
> bionet.software.misc            - all other stuff not fitting to the
>                                      other bionet.software newsgroups.
>

> In particular, a group which discusses availability issues is most
> needed in my view, and should be moderated. If this thread gets enough
> discussion we could dare to raise a call for discussion on it.
>[...]

	I don't think there's a serious problem w.r.t. volume or junk for
those accessing bionet.software via news readers, but I suspect those with
email subsciptions, and those who check this group primarily for announcements
of software releases and upgrades, would greatly appreciate the creation of a
bionet.software.avail and corresponding email list.

	Hopefully, it would become the place where all of the biology-related
software archives and software developers post announcements of new software
or upgrades.
				Fote