Genetic Codes

Shawn Abigail abigail at ramsey.cs.laurentian.ca
Tue Apr 6 10:13:33 EST 1993

I downloaded the list of genetic codes (SGC0, SGC1, etc), but I have
one question.  Do all of the codes listed recognize AUG as an
initiation codon?  Some of the codes do not list any initiation
codons (does this mean AUG is accepted?), some list alternate
initiation codons (does this mean that AUG is also acceptable?) and
some list alternates and AUG (this really confuses me, because I
would not expect to see AUG listed if it was implied).  Thanks for
any help you can provide, because there is nobody here at my university
that can help me with this.

Shawn Abigail
abigail at ramsey.cs.laurentian.ca