Paper by Kececioglu and Myers

Dan Jacobson danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu
Thu Apr 8 10:02:13 EST 1993

In article <ksuiter-080493093658 at hurston.zoo.duke.edu> ksuiter at acpub.duke.edu (Karl A. Suiter) writes:
>In article <1993Apr7.184738.29190 at umr.edu>, snayar at next3.cs.umr.edu (Sanjay
>Nayar) wrote:
>>

>> 	I am looking for the follwing paper, or a complete reference to it.
>> If someone could email me either, it would be appreciated very much.
>>
>> 	Kececioglu, J. and Myers E.W. (1989).  "A robust and automatic
>> 	fragment assembly system."
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>
>Sanjay,
>
>  I searched our library reference database here at Duke (it goes back to
>1988) and it found no references for Kececioglu and Meyers together,
>although there were a number of papers published by each author separately
>on the subject of fragment alignment.
>
>You can track down these references in your library yourself instead of
>relying on the net to do your work for you :-)

My guess is that Sanjay tried and couldn't find it and *then* asked
for help that was beyond his local resources.  The request was quite
specific - it wasn't one of those - "please send me all references on cancer"
requests.  I too have come to the conclusion that the paper doesn't exist
as I couldn't find it in a host of bibliographic databases :-(.  It may
have been a poster at a meeting or some such item that might be mentioned
or even referenced but not appear in the general literature - it's hard
to tell without knowing more about where he found the partial citation.

At any rate he can call Myers and ask him because a little gopher
searching tells me:

A clip from Myers Grant abstract:

-----
-PROJECT NUMBER......5 R01 LM04960-05

PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR

MYERS, EUGENE W JR
UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA
GOULD-SIMPSON BLDG
TUCSON, AZ  85721
PERFORMING ORGANIZATION: UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA
TITLE   Efficient software for the analysis of biosequences

-----

And his phone number

PHONE: (602) 621-6612

And email: