Auto ftp of databanks

Bobbie Peters - CSHL Computer Center peters at CSHL.ORG
Thu Apr 8 15:02:13 EST 1993

Hello,
We are trying to set up a system to download the weekly/daily updates
of the various databanks (GB, EMBL, PIR, SP) so we can translate them
into IntelliGenetics on the SUN. IG's TOIGSF program shouldn't have any
problem doing the translations, but getting the databanks is another
thing.
	Does anyone have a UNIX program already written to go get the
databanks at a specific time at night  - maybe with something that will
check to be sure it is the right update to the release I have loaded?
	I am sure I am not the only one to try to do this & I just don't
want to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks !!
Bobbie Peters
User Liaison

 v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v
  Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory		 Voice:	(516) 367-8390
  Box 100         			   Fax: (516) 367-9576
  1 Bungtown Road		      Internet: <peters at cshl.org>
  Cold Spring Harbor, NY  11724-2213, USA	  (or theiss at ...)