BLAST segmentation faults

Gary Williams x3294 gwilliam at crc.ac.uk
Tue Apr 13 12:26:10 EST 1993

Recently one of our BLAST programs has started giving problems.
We have version 1.2.11, release date 4-Sep-92.

When we run a protein query sequence against the whole of Genbank
(release 75 plus cumulative updates) using 'tblastn', it fails with a
segmentation fault.  None of the other blast programs are displaying
such an error.

Assuming that it was caused by the size of the growing databases, I
recompiled with CDBLEN_MAX doubled in size to 80,000,000.  This had no
effect on its behaviour.

Any ideas?

Gary Williams
Computing Services Section,            Janet:       G.Williams at UK.AC.CRC
MRC Human Genome Mapping Project,      Internet:    G.Williams at CRC.AC.UK
Watford Rd, HARROW, Middx, HA1 3UJ, UK
Tel 081-869 3294   Fax 081-423 1275