SEQAPP Porgram Help needed w/ bugs

Jeremy John Ahouse ahouse at hydra.rose.brandeis.edu
Thu Apr 15 10:12:05 EST 1993

In article <Roberts_D-120493112142 at riversend.bms.com>
Dan Roberts, Roberts_D at BMS.COM writes:
>I just got my hands on SEQAPP from the indiana bioarchive.  I am running
>the version 1.8a154.  I cann't get the MAIL SETUP portion of the program
>work properly.  IS there a know bug with this portion of the
>program??..Evertime I try to send something out I get an error of the
likes
>saying that the TCP command for ths SMTP host cann't be executed.  I have
>talked with our network guru who cann't figure it out either...Dan

When I first tried to use SeqApp I also had a problem with contact
to the outside world, and that was finally fixed when I checked and
rechecked my MacTCP configuration.  I don't remember what the specific
problem/solution was but I would encourage you to start there.  (Are you
using MacTCP 1.1 and system 7.1?)

	Also a note for later (when you get addicted to this great program) turn
off SuperClock if you are going to do ClustalV alignments.

	cheers

	Jeremy