getting sequences with Gopher

Jeremy John Ahouse ahouse at hydra.rose.brandeis.edu
Thu Apr 15 14:59:20 EST 1993

	I have been trying to retrieve sequences using the wonderful Gopher hole
at
	merlot.welch.jhu.edu.  But even though I get hits when I try to retrieve
	them I get error messages,
	e.g. Error getting JH0291 Class I histocompatability precursor...

	Any ideas?

	merlot claims that it is using various other gopher holes for the access:
	"The Genbank searches here are via Don Gilbert's Gopher hole at
	ftp.bio.indiana.edu and the NIH gopher hole at helix.nih.edu.

	The PIR search here is via Dan Davison's Gopher hole at ftp.bchs.uh.edu
and
	the NIH gopher hole at helix.nih.edu.

	The Swiss-Prot Prosite (Protein Patterns Database), and TFD
(Transcription
	Factor Database) searches here are via the NIH gopher hole at
	helix.nih.edu." - from the Read Me

		etc...

	So is there just some problem with retrieval today?

	Thanks,

	Jeremy

        Jeremy John Ahouse
        Center for Complex Systems and Biology Dept
        Brandeis University
        Waltham, MA 02254-9110

        (617) 736-4954
        email: ahouse at hydra.rose.brandeis.edu