getting sequences with Gopher

Jeremy John Ahouse ahouse at
Thu Apr 15 14:59:20 EST 1993

	I have been trying to retrieve sequences using the wonderful Gopher hole
at  But even though I get hits when I try to retrieve
	them I get error messages,
	e.g. Error getting JH0291 Class I histocompatability precursor...
	Any ideas?
	merlot claims that it is using various other gopher holes for the access:
	"The Genbank searches here are via Don Gilbert's Gopher hole at and the NIH gopher hole at

	The PIR search here is via Dan Davison's Gopher hole at
	the NIH gopher hole at

	The Swiss-Prot Prosite (Protein Patterns Database), and TFD
	Factor Database) searches here are via the NIH gopher hole at" - from the Read Me
	So is there just some problem with retrieval today?
        Jeremy John Ahouse
        Center for Complex Systems and Biology Dept
        Brandeis University
        Waltham, MA 02254-9110

        (617) 736-4954
        email: ahouse at