Software Corporate decisions..

Dan Roberts Roberts_D at BMS.COM
Tue Apr 27 12:05:45 EST 1993

I have become part of a committee that decides upon the "gold standards"
for both software and hardware... Here at Bristol-Myers-Squibb we are
mostly MAC based.  Our biggest stumbling block to date is how to deal with
software upgrades.  I was wondering how do other large companies decide if
a software upgrade is worthy of purchase??..What are the policies of other
companies with respect to the purchase of software and computers??..  What
has been happening here is that one person who upgrades forces everyone
around to also catch up.  I think what we are trying to do is come up with
a uniform standard...Any help would be greatly
appreciated!!!!..Thanks...Dan

Dan Roberts
BRISTOL-MYERS-SQUIBB PHARM. RES. CENTER
Cardio-Vascular Biochem Dept.
PRINCETON, NEW JERSEY U.S.A. PLANET EARTH, MILKY-WAY GALAXY
<<<<INTERNET ADDRESS>>>>Roberts_D at BMS.COM