IUBIO archive usage statistics

Rob Harper harper at convex.csc.FI
Tue Apr 27 23:50:10 EST 1993

In <1rknlpINN55l at MINERVA.CIS.YALE.EDU> smith-una at yale.edu (Una Smith) writes:

>>(for those interested, somewhere on the net is a list
>>of country names for the codes at, au, be, ...  I don't
>>have it handy, so leave it to you to find).

>It's a FAQ in comp.mail.answers:  "Top Level..."

au is Australia, at is Austria. In Europe at least the last domain
name in the internet address is often exactly the same as the country
registration that you find on cars.

e.g. fr France, uk United Kingdom, nl Netherlands,

And since the last domain has two letters you can
with a little bit of imagination you can guess that de is Germany,
fi is Finland, se is Sweden, no is Norway etc

RGDS -=ROB=-
 Rob Harper                        E-mail:          harper at convex.csc.fi
 Center for Scientific Computing   Molbio/software: harper at nic.funet.fi
 Tietotie 6, P.O. Box 405          Telephone:       +358 0 457 2076
 SF-02101 Espoo Finland            Fax:             +358 0 457 2302