Request for help in writting a progtam for generating codonusage tables

mb_murthy at mbcl.rutgers.edu mb_murthy at mbcl.rutgers.edu
Thu Apr 29 17:31:59 EST 1993

Hi,
Iam writing  a small program in Pascal to be used alongwith three
other GCG programs to help someone in generating a codon usage table for
an organism of interest in a batch mode. I feel there is a need for such
software as analysis like the codonusage are dependent heavily on the
sample DNA sequences available and these have been growing at an exponential
rate. Of course EMBL does generate a codonusage table and you can FTP it,
but still EMBL does not keep it current, it is still an advantage to have
such a small program to see how your past codonusage tabel has changed with
the availability of more sequence information. I need someone to help me in interfacing
data files between GCG modules and the new module I have written in Pascal.
Thanks.
shiva.