PDB - GCG or GENBANK accession number tables

Charles Bailey bailey at genetics.upenn.edu
Mon Aug 2 14:39:48 EST 1993

In article <1993Aug2.150440.26409 at emba.uvm.edu>, brianf at med.uvm.edu (Brain Foley) writes:
> 	Sounds great!  Where can I get SRS and what systems will it run
> on?

You can pick it up in North America from genetics.upenn.edu by anonymous ftp,
in the directory Anon_Root:[Bio.SRS].  This is a mirror of the official
distribution site in Europe, biomed.uio.no.  SRS will run under VMS, and I'm
not aware of any hardware restrictions.  As a performance issue, it likes a lot
of virtual memory and will consume a lot of cycles building its indices, but
lookups by users are no real strain on memory or CPU.

I hope this helps.  If I can help further, please don't hesitate to drop me a
line.  Good luck.

                    Regards,
                    Charles Bailey

!             Dept. of Genetics / Howard Hughes Medical Institute
! University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine  Rm. 430 Clinical Research Bldg.
!     422 Curie Blvd.  Philadelphia, PA 19104 USA      Tel. (215) 898-1699
!          Internet: bailey at genetics.upenn.edu  (IN 128.91.200.37)