PC version of AMPLIFY (or similar)

Paulo Magalhaes pamaga at biobase.aau.dk
Thu Aug 5 06:50:23 EST 1993

Hi,

I have a known sequence, two primers, and I need to know the following:

1) What PCR products _can_ be made?
2) What are the relative 'probabilities' of each product?
   (this is, of course, due to things like distance between
   primers, degree of mispairing, Tm, etc, etc)

PLEASE, DON'T TELL ME:

a) to change primers
b) about a good book on the Principles of PCR
c) your own experience in designing perfect primers
d) about the weird requests found in bionet.software.

I just need a program (for the PC - or even Unix), which can do this.

Thank you.

All the best from Copenhagen,

Paulo
* Paulo Magalhaes              | email:  pamaga at biobase.aau.dk       *
* Section of Clinical Genetics | fax:    +45 / 31 39 65 43           *
* Rigshospitalet               | voice:  +45 / 35 45 45 92           *
* Copenhagen                   |                                     *
* Denmark                      | snail-mail: C'mon, this is the 90s! *