Scan Analysis vs. NIH Image?

agoodrid at vaxa.weeg.uiowa.edu agoodrid at vaxa.weeg.uiowa.edu
Tue Aug 10 22:32:07 EST 1993

I've come across Scan Analysis (Biosoft) in my new place of work
and I'm trying to sort out the usefulness of the program.

Has anyone compared these programs for their ability to
accurately and easily quantitate signals from Southerns etc.?
I not adept at writing macros for NIH Image (just discovered
it actually) so I thought I'd put the question to the net.

Does anyone know or explain how Scan Analysis calculates the
signal it detects?  The tech rep at BioSoft was a little
vague and the manual we obtained was painfully sparse.

Steve
LSALATI at WVNVAXA.WVNET.EDU