MEGA: Mol. Evol. Analysis Program

Bob DeLisio delisior at rnisd0.DNET.roche.com
Mon Aug 30 09:38:06 EST 1993

"joe at evolution.u.washington.edu" "Joe Felsenstein" 27-AUG-1993 05:
 writes:
.
.
.
<much stuff deleted>
If anyone knows a way to send encoded binaries by e-mail and have people be
able to make them self-extract without requiring tutorials from me on
how to get and use decoding programs, I'd love to hear it (it sounds
impossible to me).
<much more stuff deleted>

Archives can be made (and have been for at least ten years!) to be self
extracting (read: executable or .EXE). All one has to do is type the filename
at the command line and VIOLA! all files are extracted automatically. Therefore
anyone who can use DOS can extract an archive!

Bob

 _/   _/     Robert DeLisio
  _/ _/      Roche Institute of Molecular Biology
    _/       Roche Research Center
   _/ _/     Nutley, New Jersey 07110-1199
  _/   _/
   _/ _/     Voice: (201) 235-3728