ReadSeq, multi-format biosequence reader, has new bug fixes

Don Gilbert gilbertd at
Mon Feb 1 12:36:42 EST 1993

 * ReadSeq  -- 1 Feb 93
 * Reads and writes nucleic/protein sequences in various formats.

Readseq has been updated to correct two bugs from the prior release:
  - Genbank output format in the 30Dec92 release had a variable left
    number margin.  Other software requires a fixed number margin
    and will not properly read the files from 30Dec92 readseq.
  - the 30Dec92 readseq release, for MSF format, did not allow for the
    legal use of symbols in the name of sequences.

The readseq.shar, src/ source files and the Sun Sparc binary have been
updated.  Binaries for other systems are not yet updated.

This program is available thru Internet gopher, as

  browse into the IUBio-Software+Data/molbio/readseq/ folder
  select the readseq.shar document

Or thru anonymous FTP in this manner:
  my_computer> ftp  (or IP address
    username:  anonymous
    password:  my_username at my_computer
  ftp> cd molbio/readseq
  ftp> get readseq.shar
  ftp> bye
Don Gilbert                                     gilbert at