ClustalV on Silicon Graphics machines

higgins at higgins at
Wed Feb 10 09:53:05 EST 1993

Some time back: ray at asked how to make ClustalV run properly
on SGI machines.  I apologise for the delay in replying; the fix turned out
to be very simple.  All source files should be compiled with the switch:

This can be accomplished by changing the ultrix makefile (makefile.ult) as

The line: CFLAGS  = -c  should be changed to: CFLAGS  = -c -signed

and then make this with: make -f makefile.ult

Again, I apologise to all disgruntled SGI owners for the core dumps.

Des Higgins