win-blast/win-irx files from IUBIO

Donald Chen - Microbiology chend at ucs.orst.edu
Wed Feb 10 13:19:23 EST 1993

Hi:

I've tried to download the zip files win-blast.zip and win-irx.zip
from the IUBIO archives. When I finally get them to my home computer
and try to unzip them, I get a response which says that the files
can't be unzipped and I should fix them with pkfix (which I gather is
not available for downloading). I set all the binary types for both
ftp and kermit so I don't think that is the problem (and yes this
I proved by forgetting about them the first 2-3 times I did the
retrieves). Does anyone know what I may have done wrong - if anything?
Has anyone had similar problems with these files? Is there a comparable
program to pkfix that is free?

Thanks for any help,

Don Chen
Dept of Microbiology