?Software for analysing sequential BEHAVIOR patterns

Frank Wright frank at sass.sari.ac.uk
Fri Feb 19 08:06:02 EST 1993

I have a dataset consisting of occurrence and duration of
different behaviours over time. e.g.

individual #1

0,A   3,B   4,A   9D  etc

(i.e. start behaviour A, continue until time +3 then do behaviour B etc)

I'm interested in producing matrices describing probability of behaviour j
following behaviour i, drawing diagrams showing the relationships between
the different behaviours, but also maybe relationship of duration of
behaviour i on choice of subsequent behavior.

I just like to check before I start, that no-one has written some software
that performs these tasks or similar tasks.

Thanks for your help
Frank Wright
SASS, University of Edinburgh,
Scotland, U.K.