Plotting program for mac

Bill Williams bwilliam at
Fri Feb 26 14:52:04 EST 1993

In article <1993Feb24.170614.17990 at> Bo Servenius,
Bo.Servenius at writes:
>We are lookin for some program to plot data as graphics, with
>bars or curves with error bars. We know about Sigmaplot
>but it is very expensive at least here in Sweden. New versions
>of Excel are said to have these functions but have any of you
>experience using it for scientific purposes?

I think Excel is terrible for this sort of thing.  Slow and clumsy.

Allow me to put my two-cents-worth in for Igor.  It is quick, extremely
powerful, and has an excellent macro facility.  It is not terribly
expensive.  On the flip side, its human factors (IMHO, of course) are
TERRIBLE!  I always have to think and experiment for several minutes
before I can get a variable-vs.-time graph, something I do nearly every
William E. Williams, bwilliam at
Divison of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
St. Mary's College of Maryland
St. Mary's City, MD 20686