virtual memory

vineland expatriate bell-peter at MINERVA.CIS.YALE.EDU
Wed Jan 13 18:52:07 EST 1993

In article <1993Jan13.184834.8051 at gserv1.dl.ac.uk> JWALKER at SBBIOVM.EARN (Jeff Walker) writes:
>I am programming in Think Pascal on the macintosh and use large matrices.  Does
>anyone know of a transparent virtual memory manager utility, hopefully
>freeware/shareware or cheap software, that will automatically and
>transparently use the hard disk when available RAM is low.  I got something in

I tried emailing you, but it bounced....

the place to ask is comp.sys.mac.hardware;  you will need to tell the folks
there what flavor of mac you are using.  If you have a new enough machine, all
you need is system 7.  If you do not, you may need an accelerator card with
an onboard microprocessor;  these run about 600 dollars.

good luck!

Peter
bell at minerva.cis.yale.edu