MFTU of GCGMENU

macrides at sci.wfeb.edu macrides at sci.wfeb.edu
Thu Jan 14 12:25:50 EST 1993

In article <1993Jan14.171454.1 at hkucc.hku.hk>, vldnaseq at hkucc.hku.hk writes:
> Dear netters,
>
> I obtained the program GCGMENU from netserv at embl-heidelberg.de . This
> requires MFTU to extract it to executables, but I do not have access
> to MFTU.  Can anybody help me to locate the MFTU ? I wish to get it by
> anonymous FTP, is this possible ?
> Thanks
> Wai Ming

	ftp.spc.edu [192.107.46.271] maintains the latest version.  It also
maintains the latest ZIP/UNZIP and ZOO for VMS, and VMS_SHARE.  They're in
directories [.MACRO32...].

	ZIPing -> MFTUing, and then VMS_SHAREing for automatically parted
emailing if the archive is large, is at this point the convention on VMS
systems, though w.r.t. convenience of decoding parted files on the receiver's
end, ZIPing and EMBL UUENCODEing is better.   ZIP and MFTU retain the original
VMS file attributes on decoding, whereas ZOO and the EMBL UUENCODE/DECODE
still make everthing stream_LF, but for ZIP or ZOO archives, that's the RMS
file attribute want.

				Fote