MacTCP and Eudora

S. A. Modena samodena at csemail.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Fri Jan 15 01:07:09 EST 1993

In article <9301141736.AA00803 at labsun1.med.uottawa.ca> baird at LABSUN1.MED.UOTTAWA.CA (stephen baird) writes:
>In a previous posting a couple of weeks ago, someone had mentioned that
>MacTCP and Eudora were free.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The way it is handled at NCSU is: NCSU buys a site license and places the
software modules on a public campus server.  Periodically, one checks into
the appropriate folder to see if an updated version is available.  If so,
one drags the icon onto one's hard drive.  There is a little registration
form to fill out and drag and drop back onto the remote server's mailbox.
Nifty, eh?  :^)  It simply is a matter of this University recognizing
both the licensing rights of the software vendor and the "public" need
for software as well as hardware LAN infrastructure support.  And bravo
to our local computing services for their foresight and enthusiasm.

> ...............I had been told previously that they were
>not free. Could someone clarify this for me. Also, does MacTCP/NCSA telnet
>have NSF? Is there a free Mac program for NSF?
>
>Thank you,
>| Stephen Baird                         baird at labsun1.med.uottawa.ca |

Steve
---