ClustalV in SeqApp

Jeremy John Ahouse ahouse at hydra.rose.brandeis.edu
Thu Jan 21 15:00:53 EST 1993

In article <1993Jan19.221442.22635 at news.cs.brandeis.edu> Jeremy John
Ahouse, ahouse at hydra.rose.brandeis.edu writes:

>OK, I have tried using ClustalV from SeqApp again.  I redownloaded
>the files.   The loaded the sample file, selected some of the aa's
>and then chose the mult alignment option.  At this point, as it was
>the last time, my whole system hung and I dropped into the debugger
>with no way out, except to reboot. > >	Does this work smoothly
for everyone else?

A couple of responses, here and by email, encouraged me to look to
system extensions, after a morning of removing them all and then
adding them back one at a time found that superClock 3.9 (or 4.0.1 as
it turns out) are involved in my system crash...

I would be interested to hear if this is a common finding.  I really
like this particular extension and am sad to see it go, but just now
multiple alignment is more important.

	by the way the following extensions do not(!) seem to cause
problems:

!Extensions Manager
!Rival 1.1.9
After Dark
After Dark Files
AppleCD Speed Switch
Color
File Sharing Monitor
General Controls
HAM
HDT LightShow! 1.0
HDT Prober! 1.0
Keyboard
Labels
MacTCP 1.1
Map
Memory
Monitors
Mouse
Network
Serial Switch
Sharing Setup

        	Jeremy John Ahouse
        	Center for Complex Systems and Biology Dept
        	Brandeis University
        	Waltham, MA 02254-9110

        	(617) 736-4954
        	email: ahouse at hydra.rose.brandeis.edu