PIMA on SGI

Randy Read rndy at wimsey.mmid.ualberta.ca
Wed Jan 27 03:12:24 EST 1993

I've downloaded Smith & Smith's PIMA (Pattern Induced Multiple Alignment)
package (MBCRR-Package/pima-1.22.tar.Z on mbcrr.harvard.edu) by ftp as
suggested in their paper.  Attempts to install the package on either an SGI or
a NeXT lead to a number of compile-time warnings and fatal errors.  I still
only speak pidgin C, so I'm hoping that someone with a greater facility with
the language has sorted this out.

Has anyone out there succeeded in implementing this package on SGI hardware?
If so, is the revised version available, or is it just a matter of the right
compiler flags?  I would greatly appreciate any information, either by e-mail
or posted to this newsgroup.

Randy J. Read
rndy at wimsey.mmid.ualberta.ca