WAIS/Newsreader for Mac...

Jeremy John Ahouse ahouse at hydra.rose.brandeis.edu
Thu Jul 1 09:31:06 EST 1993

In article <9306302352.AA05106 at salk-sgi.sdsc.edu>,
mangalam at SALK-SC2.SDSC.EDU (Harry Mangalam) wrote:

> >Howdy......  can someone direct me to where I can find a WAIS client for the
> >Mac and a Newsreader for the Mac....
> -for the latest WAIS client for the Mac, check the anon archive at wais.com.
> -for a number of Newsreaders for the Mac, gopher for Nuntius, TheNews, or
> ToadNews (all at sumex-aim.stanford.edu, I think)

Also check out NewsWatcher.  I like the interface for Nuntius (though IMHO
they don't do copying to the clipboard correctly) but it takes a while to
build it's hierarchical lists.  Newswatcher is faster on this count.

	- Jeremy

        Jeremy John Ahouse
        Center for Complex Systems and Biology Dept
        Brandeis University
        Waltham, MA 02254-9110
        (617) 736-4954
        email: ahouse at hydra.rose.brandeis.edu
        Mail from Mac by Eudora 1.3.1 - RIPEM accepted